Thursday, 23 August 2012

Creative Industries Work Placement - BLOG 8

Blog 8
 
This week: Wedding, booked Direct by the Bride & Groom. I'd been dealing with this Bride & Groom for several months in the run-up to their big day. Discussing times, and issues including a sound limiter in the marquee and submitting our Public Liability Document to the venue.
 
The week of the Wedding, I contacted the couple just to double-check times and details (I always check as somethings can change last minute when dealing with weddings). As usual, I then work out the route and what time we have to leave on the day and liaise with the band regarding a leaving time etc.
 
Dealing direct is something I much prefer as I get to have a hands-on releationship with the bride & groom and are able to discuss their exact requirements. They also know 'me' when we arrive which is very nice and makes you feel a part of their day.
 
When we arrived at this venue the staff were very vague and unhelpful. They hadn't left us enough room to set-up so we ended up having to move there dancefloor which was a big job. We couldnt set-up until it was moved and because we had to be ready for a certain time, we all decided to move the floor and not wait for the staff (as the staff were too busy to move it in time).
 
We were also performing the couples special song choice for their first dance, so we had to have a rehearsal prior to the gig to make sure it was perfect.
 
I also took time this week to email & call all of our existing Agents with our availability in the hope to gain more work.
 
Total Hours on the road: 11 Hours
1hr 30 - Paperwork / Booking form / Plan Route, Speak with Bride
2hr - Rehearsal
+
2hrs - Email / phone call to exisiting Agents
2hrs - Dealing with new enquiries and future bookings
 
This time doesn't include the amount of time taken when dealing with the Client from the first initial enquiry - this can be a lengthy process with lots of questions and requirements before the booking is confirmed. Once a Booking is confirmed, if through an agent, we await contract - if direct with us, I send them a booking form. The hours stated above are the hours undertaken the week of the actual booking only.
 
 
"We would like to say a big thank you to you for a wonderful performance on our wedding night. Renaissance were the perfect Band for our wedding as there was something in the set for everyone to enjoy across all musical tastes and ages, and the performance was fantastic. The biggest compliment I can pay is that the dance floor was full from start to finish! Also, thank you for being so helpful and responsive in the run up to the wedding. The Band's set was a big part of a memorable day for us and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Renaissance to anyone planning their wedding".
James & Feifan Gowans.
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.