Tuesday, 3 July 2012

BLOG: NOV '11 - JUNE '12 (Work Placement)

Creative Industries Work Placement

BLOG
NOV ‘11 – JUNE ‘12


It’s been a busy 7 months since my last Blog. We have had lots of gigs on, but maybe not as much as the previous year – due to the recession. Clients just don’t seem to have the budgets that they normally have of which has meant we have either had to ‘negotiate’ more on fee or lose the booking.

We had a big problem when our New Years Eve booking got cancelled but then we managed to replace it with something else – a very posh Manor House Hotel with a Michelin star chef (we also got fed!).

We’ve had some of our usual clients – like the Brook in Southampton, The Ferry in Glasgow, Butlins and Havens, plus some lovely weddings and also the sell-out Legends of Rock Festival. I’ve also taken a few solo gigs as I don’t like having a night off!
The Butlins are adult theme breaks and I particularly enjoy them as it gives us an opportunity to work with famous stars – including Katrina & The Waves, Bad Manners, Dr & The Medics etc. 

Not gig is ever the same – and having the three bands means we never get bored because each weekend is different i.e. it’s not Dire Straits or Blondie every gig on every weekend!
After our performance for weddings, I usually drop them an email afterwards to ask for a Quote / Testimonial for our web site as I think it must help future clients when considering booking us. We have some lovely quotes and I love the relationship I get to have with the Bride & Groom as the day approaches. It’s also good to know you have done a good job!
www.renaissanceband.co.uk/testimonials.htm
What with the gigs themselves, rehearsing, organising the gigs and dealing with enquiries plus the follow up, it’s been a busy 7 months!

Me with Katrina (Katrina & The Waves) Prior to Atomic Blondie's performance at Butlins




 


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.