So, after a re-boot and a couple of days trying to get over what I lost, I am back!!
As we all know, this job is constant and there's always something to do – whether it be on the phone discussing work, emails, printing, paperwork, contracts, promotion, rehearsals, oh and the gigs themselves of course!
Newly added to my list of 'stuff to do' includes a gig we've just taken for Cardiff's Globe on Nov 26th. (It has re-opened Under NEW Management!)
So, No.1 on my list was getting posters done and to the venue to start to advertise it. I've also had to have all tickets and bracelets printed. I then realised after my Ents 24 newsletter that Mark Knopfler would be in Cardiff on Thursday performing in concert at the Motorpoint Arena (CIA to me and you) with Bob Dylan.
This seemed to be such a good opportunity to catch some MK/DS fans and tell them about our gig. So, our lovely printer quickly ran off some great flyers for us, and 4 of us (the band) decided to hit the folks outside the Motorpoint.
So, as the fans started to drift out after the show, we all used our charm in flyer delivery! It started off fine, but of course when the main bulk of audience came out, it was just crazy! Being 5ft1”, I cant say it was a pleasurable experience. We didn't also bargain for there to be 5 other flyer deliverers there too giving out other stuff (not related to the gig or the acts ie one flyer for Letz Zep), so I guess people may have felt abit bombarded.... The boys and I obviously using our charm and manners – sir & madam etc etc. But nothing really prepared me for the rudeness that came from some of them in return – despite our mannerly approach. Several times, I heard “you gotta be joking, not after that performance” - as it appeared that MK only did 45mins........theses people had paid £66. for their ticket that night and weren't amused. But hey, thanks for taking it out on us. One lady was so mad with MK & BD that I avoided giving her a flyer all together! (her son took one from me to give her the next day after she'd calmed down). Not to mention all the people who said “no” to a flyer not even knowing what it was for!
But all faith was restored after meeting those people who were so nice and appreciative and of course, those who didn't make any stupid comments and just took a flyer. One guy who'd seen us before, turned to his mate to say how great we were and that he'd seen us before and they'll definitely be there. So many fans of MK, go to see him hoping to hear some DS hits, which they don't get – you might get 1 or 2, but that's it.
But I must say, there is no need for rudeness people, its only a flyer! Put it in the bin if its not your cup of tea – don't bite my head off! And don't get mad with me because you only got 45mins for your £66. when it has 'nothing' to do with me.
Come and see us instead – 2 hr show and all the DS Hits you want to hear and it'll be a GREAT night! Simples! ;)
Diary Date:
MONEY FOR NOTHING
THE GLOBE, Albany Road, Cardiff
SAT 26th NOV 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.